Social Computing - 2022/2023
Bachelor’s Degree in Internet of Things, Big Data & Web at the University of Udine, Academic Year 2022/2023
- Stefano Mizzaro - Theory
- David La Barbera - Laboratory (Part 1)
- Michael Soprano - Laboratory (Part 2)
The aim of the course is to provide to the student the foundational knowledge and the practical skills concerning the area of social informatics. The course discusses both the so-called Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and the Crowdsourcing phenomenon. In the first case, social behavior is supported by computational systems; in the second case, computational systems are supported by social behavior. The course deals with conceptual topics, theoretical foundations, and practical applications.
Table of Contents
My contribution to the course consisted in teaching practical applications of the concepts outlined by prof. Stefano Mizzaro for a total of 2 lectures (4 hours). The course’s language is Italian.
- Social Computing - 2021/2022
- Social Computing - 2020/2021
- Fact-Checking at Scale with Crowdsourcing Experiments and Lessons Learned
- Longitudinal Loyalty: Understanding the Barriers to Running Longitudinal Studies on Crowdsourcing Platforms
- Crowd_Frame: A Simple and Complete Framework to Deploy Complex Crowdsourcing Tasks Off-the-Shelf